Court Proceedings Traffic Violations Obtaining a Warrant
Prior to your court appearance date, you may opt to plead guilty and pay your ticket at the prices set on the court’s schedule of fines. Fines may be paid by online (see link below), by mail or in person at the court office, provided a guilty plea is entered and payment is received in full prior to your court appearance date. No partial payments will be accepted.
You may now also make your payments online. Click here to visit our Payment Portal.
Procedures for Paying Traffic Citations:
- Read and understand your ticket.
- Determine your fine and associated court fines.
- Sign your ticket indicating your plead of guilty.
- Make payment via mail or person before your scheduled court appearance date:
- Include your signed ticket (guilty plea) and an acceptable form of payment.
- Tickets must be paid in full. Underpaid tickets will be returned (not processed) and your case will remain open.
- Payment must be received by the Jemison Municipal Court before your scheduled court appearance. We do not use postmark dates as evidence of receipt.
If you choose to plead not guilty, please notify the court at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled court appearance date OR you must appear in court on your scheduled appearance date. Failure to appear can result in serious consequences including license suspension and warrants being issued for your arrest.
Forms of Payment
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Cashiers Check
- Money Order
- Visa or Mastercard: The card must be presented in person by the cardholder at the time of payment. There will be a transaction fee for credit card transactions.
No other forms of payment will be accepted. We have a Regions Bank and BB&T Bank with ATM terminals across the street from the Court.
NO PERSONAL CHECKS
If paying by mail, cashier’s check or money orders are the only acceptable forms of payment. Payments must be received at least 24 hours in advance of your court date; we will not honor postmark dates. Late payments will not be accepted.on